Think new year’s resolutions are only for people? Think again! Your home has an important set of resolutions and it wants to share them with you. So without further ado we offer you seven smart resolutions for your home this year…
- 1. Swapping Out Air Filters
- This is Home Maintenance 101. However, we see plenty of homes that haven’t swapped out their home’s air filters in years. Yes, you read that right. Affordable, high quality air filters should be switched out every 60-90 days, or at least once per season. The air inside your home will be cleaner, and your family and your pets will be healthier.
- 2. Spring and Fall Cleaning – Gutters
- Everyone has some spring cleaning to do. We highly recommend that your annual spring cleaning include your gutters. It’s easy to avoid the gutters…until there’s a problem then there’s no avoiding them whatsoever. Don’t wait until your gutters are causing you stress – clean them out in the spring and the fall. They’ll serve you well for many years to come without incident…but only if they’re properly maintained.
- 3. AC Tune Up
- We all know it’s going to get hot out during the simmer. Yet, some homeowners wait until the first 100 degree day to turn on their air conditioning units. That’s not the time to test your AC for the first time. Proper wintertime storage and regular maintenance can ensure your AC runs efficiently and effectively when you need it most – during the long, hot summer!
- 4. Backyard Ready for Summer?
- Who doesn’t enjoy spending time in their backyard during summer at the Jersey Shore? Entertaining in the backyard is one of the simple joys of summer. But is your backyard ready for summer entertaining? Modern backyards extend the living space by bringing the comforts of inside outdoors. This means outdoor kitchens, fire pits and plenty of space for sitting and relaxing on those warm summer nights.
- 5. Energy Issues
- Energy issues are relevant to homeowners year-round. Whether it’s keeping the hot out in the summer or keeping the cold out in the winter, modern homes are small power stations. Homeowners should be sure that they’re home is well-insulated with no drafts or cold spots. Simple weatherproofing can save a lot of money during the heat of summer and cold of winter while keeping your and your family as comfortable as possible.
- 6. A Winter-Proof Roof
- When was the last time you had your roof inspected? If the answer is more than 3 years, it’s time for a roof assessment. A roof is one of your home’s energy partners. It can either save you money or cost you money. Investing in maintenance of the roof over your head will not only leave your home in good condition, it will you the homeowner with peace of mind, and that’s priceless.
- 7. Water, Grading and Runoff
- Does water collect around your home or on your property? Make this year the year you resolve that issue. Pooling water or improper grading can lead to water intrusion, mold growth and significant damage to your home. Moisture in a home is an issue to be taken very seriously. Examine the grade of the dirt and landscaping around your home. If pitched towards the home, make changes to pitch that dirt and landscaping away from the home.
These resolutions are relevant and important to your home year-round. They will make a difference in the comfort of your home for your family, in how much your home costs to operate and even the safety and value of your home. Do you have questions about these or other resolutions for YOUR home? Just give us a call at 732-840-4011 and put our 30+ years of experience to work for you, your family and your home!